Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wow, what a day. I think Moneik is right, cleaning is a Mom thing. I went to finish up today and while I was there son's power was disconnected. It helps if you pay bill. I was pretty sure they were barely getting by. He owes me since there was no place for him to pay it in Tahoe. I let my Heather know that I had finished one stocking for her friends . It's 24 inches long ,but surprisingly she's okay with that. As she tries to convert me to quilting., I have to remind her that my machine is ancient and hasn't been used in a while. It as was my past machine is second hand. I never had a new one. I used to do a lot of sewing when my older boys were young. I then got one that readjsuted the machine everytime he got the chance. I moved on to handiwork because it was portable and once he got big enough to not take naps ,I couldn't work. That little kid is 34 years old now . I don't know about anyone else ,but I am ready for fall temps. I hope they will improve my energy level because most times ,I feel like I'm melting.
I have decided that a neat idea for a baby gift would be some picture cloths, maybe a special bath towel and maybe some bath products. I'm off to cast on stocking # 2 in red and off white. The first one was in green and off white. and the last one blue. They all have snowflakes working in.

1 comment:

Moneik said...

I received your piece yesterday and it looks wonderful! I'll be away this weekend, so no time to work on it, but I'll easily be able to mak it into a block. Thank you so much for sending it. I'm sure Heather will love this quilt.