Friday, October 10, 2008

Hello, It's been almost a month and I don't have a really good excuse. We spent the last week at our Colorado house. Very comfortable. Hubby is building up the bank along the river as it is badly eroded. I helped the first day . 4 hours and unbelievably sore muscles . I had so much trouble gettin up from the bank ,hubby banned me from helping. I guess that's what 10 years difference does. He went into town a couple of times and I went into to my craft room ( half of what I have ( where will I put all the Calif stuff when we finally do move) I pulled some of my afghan patterns for ideas to make for my sister to take to her work and wouldn't you know I found a pattern that I just have to do for the back of the couch there. I picked up a sweater that I had let go for months and managed to make it to the sleeve decreases.
Wild life was fun to watch . There were some young deer back and forth through the yard .The buck had only 4 points . The twin fawns had lost there spots. They weren't afraid of us at all. The last day we were there ,they came through the yard - a doe ,one fawn and the4 buck about 20-30 yards from us.
Hubby is headed back in about 2 1/2 weesks . I will stay here and keep control of kitties , I think they had too much free time on their paws while we were gone.
My mother-in-law decided she needed some new pot holders . Seems liek I just made her some,but she says it's been about a year.
I came back to finish a little pumpkin hat for my great nephew. I sure hope his teenage Mommy likes it.
I am playing catch up with cleanning and such. Isn't that always the way. I will be so glad when we have a washer again in Colorado and have only one house to take care of. Not soon with the state of Real Estate.
I guess everyone is like me and looking around and saying "What happened? How come you didn't pick up on warnings and signs sooner?"
And the elections . I don't care who you are for . Is anyone else as burned out on the campaign and the ads and the mudslinging as I am ? Is that unpatriotic? After a while all , I hear is blah ,blah ,blah. I'm afraid for our country and military no matter what way it goes . It's a scary time .
Breakfast and a finished wash load calls . Where is the maid or house keeper ? Doesn't she know that I have other things I want to do ? LOL OH wait , that's me . Better get to it


Nancy

No comments: