Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Morning, If you are following the news ,you know that Southern Calif is on fire once again. Over the past few years , Calif has had major fires - North and South. We are not in danger here. There are family members that are close at both ends of one fire. DD got hit twice when she was in San Diego area. The last one was most scary because she was out of state and a friend was caring for her apt and kitties. The little town was evacuated . Happily ,she lost nothing and her fur babies were okay. She is off floating the seas with the Navy and her fur babies are staying with Grandpa and Grandma. Little Lily is crazy about Grandpa . She won't leave him alone since he got back from his business trip. She sits and stares at him with adoring kitty eyes. She ,also ,at times uses his leg as a scratching post . Ouch. Grandpa says they and ours are a pain ,but he looks for the little one. Grandpa's can be softees . My girl will be home just before Thanksgiving. I can't wait. This will be the first year in almost 10 years that we will not go to Colorado for Thanksgiving. MIL will be on her own. I'm guessing she will get an invite somewhere. Hubby is headed back to Colorado to do some more at the house and will be there to take her out for her birthday. That will be a special thing and may make a difference.
I have been doing a lot of pot holders. I must finish a carrying bag and get started on another afghan for the seniors at a special place in Fallon Nev where my sister worked. Someday. I will learn how to do pictures and put them on line. DD says I am capable of learning . Sometimes ,I wonder . Must get to baking a cake for hubby's birthday . Have a wonderful fall day.

1 comment:

Moneik said...

So happy to hear you are safe from the fires. I'm excited to know the date of Heather's arrival home. Can't wait until she is home as I'm sure you can't either!